Wednesday, September 7

 

I'm not fun anymore.

I'm not really talkative lately because not much is not that new or interesting.

Like the rest of America, I've been watching CNN coverage of what's left of New Orleans. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Perhaps if Katrina had actually made a direct hit on the city, something bigger could have been done sooner. Feh. I'll leave it at that. I have no business being another Monday morning FEMA director.

This past weekend the family-in-law made a trip up from Lexington to see our offspring. It had been a month since they last saw them, so it was like 3 new babies for all of them. Saturday we left the kids with Niki and shopped all day, caught happy hour at The Grand Cru, and then went to chow down at Golden West.

Sunday we got out early and hit the Farmer's Market. While getting coffee, I lost track of the crew and frantically searched the market. Let's just say when I was found, I had a complete and public tantrum. Yes, I forgot my celphone and, apparently, my manners, but I had my asshat.

How serious was it? Let's just say I had to convince the cops that approached me that, indeed, I was not planning to become violent. Plus, here at the casa, the repercussions spilled into Monday, complete with shreiking, finger-pointing, mocking, pantomime and a dramatic storming out of the house at 6:30 in the morning.

I'm so very not proud of my recurring explosive anger. In fact, I'm terribly ashamed. I need help and I'm determined to get it. The good news is I'm seeing the shrink next week and the Zoloft is getting refilled.

What else? We're still trying to get the kids to sleep through the night. On average, they're up twice before seven. Luckily, they tend to clump their times of need within minutes of one another. Yes, my sleeping hours are down. Hopefully not for long. Like, for a few more months, maybe?

And I know I owe you some pictures. Well, maybe next time. I don't feel like it.
-

Comments:
dude, seriously, its not you. or you're not alone, rather. plan ahead now and have discussions with the wife in which you both come to terms with the fact that you BOTH are going to have major tantrums, freak-outs, anxiety attacks and inappropriate displays of emotion at certain points during the next several years. reaffirm your love for each other, and be tolerant and understanding. you're both under A LOT of stress and pressure right now, and will continue to be so for some time. solemnly swear to cutteth the slack.

my 2-cents. werd.
 
Yeah. I wholly agree with what this person said and you must tame the explosive Dad gene. Hopefully, that little critter didn't get passed down with the trip's...

UncleMark
 
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out, generalized anxiety disorder symptom and just not feeling all that happy.

That's OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?

Even though you know that sadness (generalized anxiety disorder symptom) is a part of life, let's try to make it a small part of life.

With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!

1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.

2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.

3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like "I feel good", "Positive energy flows through my body", "I see the good in all".

4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn't have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work best.

5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.

6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for "Meditation music" on Google or Yahoo and explore.

Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.

These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don't just use them when you are sad or generalized anxiety disorder symptom . Try and practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.

On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can't seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don't take any chances. generalized anxiety disorder symptom
 
I enjoyed you blog about speaking of womens health. I also have a site about speaking of womens health which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a anxiety celexa site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
How is Everyting in YOUR LIFE... Waste your money and your only out your money,but waste your time and your out part of your life... Michael Leoboeuf

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten dollar hair cut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair... Sam Ewing

If You Find a need to become part of the affiliate programs so you make a few extra bucks.. go to http://7day2success.com/ ....affiliate programs...affiliate programs....

Live a better life today..
 
Hi! I like what you are doing. Maybe we could exchange tips on Well being. You can have a quick look at http://www.wellnessmaster.com so we can exchange ideas.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?